Did you used to get so excited to tackle an exterior search, but now you dread them, thinking of all the ways it will go wrong, how your dog will become distracted or how the environment will "win"? Learn why this happens in this episode and how you may reinvigorate your love this challenging search element.
In this podcast episode, Dianna discusses why this happens and how we, as handlers and trainers, may adjust our outlook to reinvigorate our love and appreciation for this challenging search element.
You may be interested in checking out these resources focused solely on tackling exterior searches:
- Conquering the Environment in Scent Work Webinar
- Exteriors and Field Trips with Primary Course
- Exteriors and Field Trips with Birch Course
We have also been incredibly fortunate to host a slew of highly talented instructors as of late, be certain to check them all out:
- All About the Box: A Detailed Look at Container Searches Webinar and All About the Box: Part 2 Webinar with Dana Zinn
- Threshold Hides: From Terrible to Terrific Webinar with Michele Ellertson
- Fearless Open Areas with Confidence Webinar with Judith Guthrie