Handler's ChoiceRegular price $230.00
Every Scent Work team has different goals. Some people practice every day, others are lucky to practice once a week (or less!). Many feel that they aren’t getting the most out of their practice. What should you practice? Do you know what you will do if a problem arises? Do you feel like you’re walking your dog from hide to hide (or giving them “hints”) instead of letting them work out the odor problem? With this course, we will coach YOU on how to be a better handler and Scent Work team as a whole
This course is designed to address the individual needs of you and your dog. Some topics will include:
- Have a Plan for your practice!
- Have a Plan B!
- Learn how to support your dog without telling them where the hides are.
- Learn how to handle a non-blind search as if it were blind.
- Whatever YOU want to work on.
Should I Take This Course?
Do you want one-on-one help for what you and your dog are coping with in regard to Scent Work? Look no further! You set the curriculum in this course and all solutions will be customized to you and your dog!
Dog must be familiar hunting for at least one novel odor (Birch, Anise and/or Clove)
What You Will Need for This Course
- your dog
- flat or martingale collar
- back-clip harness (optional)
- 6'-8' leash
- 10'-15' long line
- LOTS of high-value and smelly treats
- crate or area you can stage your dog in while setting up your searches
- minimum of 10 boxes of various sizes (good excuse to shop at Amazon!)
- minimum of 10 novel containers (Tupperware containers, purses, bag, etc.)
- earthquake putty or GlueDots
- Birch ("Sweet Birch" aka Betula Lenta)
- Anise ("Aniseed" aka Pimpinella Anisum)
- Clove ("Clove Bud" aka Eugenia Caryophylatta)
- minimum of 10 tins with holes
- Submit 2 videos per week, which will be returned with audio commentary and written feedback by your instructor.
- Have full access to the forum for general discussion.
- Be enrolled in the course session for 6-weeks.
- At the end of the 6-weeks, you may choose to either renew as a Student, or be automatically dropped down to the Auditor level. As an Auditor, you would have access to the general forum and course materials for 1-year, however, you would no longer be able to post videos for your instructor to review and provide feedback on.