Advanced Skills with Primary CourseRegular price $230.00
Your dog is doing great searching for primary in all four of the elements (Interior, Exterior, Vehicle and Container). Now they are ready to put all of their training to the test! In this 6-week course, we will improve upon three specific skills-sets using primary alone: building endurance, building speed and building independence.
Once your dog understands how to navigate the various search elements (Interior, Exterior, Vehicle and Container), it is time to work on developing three specific skill-sets: building endurance, building speed and building independence. All three of these skills are intertwined with one another and are essential if a team is interested in getting involved in competition. In this 6-week course, we will discuss a variety of exercises you can do to fine tune these crucial skills, pitfalls to avoid and how to ensure the activity stays a game as opposed to a drill session. Ready? Set? Let's get to sniffing!
Should I Take This Course?
Have you completed the Introduction to Scent Work and Exteriors and Vehicles with Primary courses? Firstly, congratulations! Now it is time to introduce your dog to some more challenging sniffing puzzles all while keeping the game fun and engaging.
Are you interested in competing? Endurance searches. Speed searches. Having your dog work away from you. These are just a few of the challenges you will encounter at trial. Why not get a solid handle on these skills having your dog hunt for primary alone, thus ensuring their drive and enthusiasm stays super high?!
Do you just want to do something fun with your dog? This course is filled with a ton of fun and engaging sniffing games you and your dog will love!
What You Will Need for This Course
- your dog
- flat or martingale collar
- back-clip harness (optional)
- 6'-8' leash
- 10'-15' long line
- LOTS of high-value and smelly treats
- crate or area you can stage your dog in while setting up your searches
- minimum of 10 boxes of various sizes (good excuse to shop at Amazon!)
- minimum of 5 novel containers of various size and material (e.g. Tupperware container, purse, bag, etc.)
- plastic lid container from a yogurt or similar container
- earthquake putty or GlueDots
- timer (the feature on most SmartPhones works fine)
The Advanced Scent Work course is designed to provide the same exact learning experience we provided to our in-person group dog training classes in a virtual format. Same great quality with more flexibility and convenience!
Here is a quick breakdown of the types of topics that will be covered each week:
- How to Build Endurance Using Primary
- How to Build Speed Using Primary
- How to Build Independence Using Primary
- Practice Heap O' Hides Using Primary
- Practice LudicrouSpeed Using Primary
- Practice Go the Distance Using Primary