Common Pitfalls When Training Scent Work WebinarRegular price $35.00
When we are training Scent Work, especially in the beginning, there are some common pitfalls everyone should be mindful of and avoid. We cover five common pitfalls in this 90-minute webinar.
As with all dog training, there are lots of schools of thought when it comes to how to train Scent Work. However, regardless of your preferred method, there are some common pitfalls we all need be mindful of and avoid.
In this webinar, we will discuss 5 common pitfalls to steer clear from:
- Dogs creating a negative association with the odor.
- Dogs making assumptions about what the game is really all about.
- Dogs having limited endurance and tenacity in working out odor puzzles.
- Dogs becoming too heavily reliant on their handlers to sort out a given odor problem.
- Handlers projecting where the "correct answer" is.
Length of the Webinar
Should You Take This Webinar?
Are you training in Scent Work? Make certain you are aware of these pitfalls and avoid them as best as you can!
Are you a Scent Work instructor? See if you can incorporate the suggestions into your own lessons to help shield your students from falling into these pitfalls.