Odor Recognition Prep (ORT) CourseRegular price $230.00
The ORT Prep class will mentally and physically prepare teams for NACSW™ Odor Recognition Tests. Some of the topics covered include preparing for the ORT, reading your dog, staying at source, searching independently, leash handling, proofing and putting it all together!
The Odor Recognition Test is your first step towards entering trials with NACSW™. In this 6-week online course we will cover how to best prepare yourself for the Odor Recognition Test. Not only will we cover what to expect at the ORT, but also how to train for it. Let’s get started!
Should I Take This Course?
Are you planning to enter a ORT trial? Ensure you and your dog are ready for the challenge with the training and handling tips provided in this course.
Team should be proficient on birch odor.
What You Will Need for This Course
- your dog
- flat or martingale collar
- back-clip harness (optional)
- 6'-8' leash
- 10-15' long line
- LOTS of small, non-crumbly treats that YOUR dog finds rewarding
- 20-25 containers (cardboard, plastic or metals - at least the size of a shoe box)
- Odor kit that includes: Birch and Anise, several hide vessels (tins, tubes, straws) and way to secure your hides (Museum Putty, Glue Dots, etc.)
- Introducing ORT Set-Up
- Staying at Source and Reading Your Dog
- Introduction to Closed Boxes
- Leash Handling
- Putting it All Together