Skill Building for Elevated Hides CourseRegular price $230.00
Whatever venue your dog is searching in there are going to be times when hides are set above your dog's nose. Don't wait until your dog is at the highest levels of competition to start training for elevated hides! In this course we will break down elevated hides so that you can start practicing them at any level and be confident in reading your dog when you start to see these types of hides in competition.
The goal of this course is to teach the dog how to source an elevated hide and to teach the handler how to call Alert! with confidence.
The course includes at least six different ways to practice elevated hides in order to show the dog as many scent pictures as possible. By setting up these searches at home and observing their dogs, handlers will learn to read what their dog looks like when working through an elevated hide.
Don't wait to start practicing elevated hides - start working on them today!
Should I Take This Course?
Do elevated hides stress you and your dog out? Never fear, Lori Timberlake here! This course will outline ways you and your dog can shift from dreading elevating hides to mastering and loving them.
Dog must know odor (Birch, Anise and Clove). Same exercises may be done with primary alone if the handler chooses.
What You Will Need for This Course
- your dog
- flat or martingale collar
- back-clip harness (optional)
- 6'-8' leash
- 10'-15' long line
- LOTS of high-value and smelly treats
- crate or area you can stage your dog in while setting up your searches
- minimum of 10 boxes of various sizes (good excuse to shop at Amazon!)
- minimum of 10 novel containers (Tupperware containers, purses, bag, etc.)
- earthquake putty or GlueDots
- Birch ("Sweet Birch" aka Betula Lenta)
- Anise ("Aniseed" aka Pimpinella Anisum)
- Clove ("Clove Bud" aka Eugenia Caryophylatta)
- minimum of 10 tins with holes
- How to Build Endurance Fairly
- Multiple Hides and Searches Areas
- Hit the Goal of 10 Hides
- Pacing the Search
- Keeping It a Game
- Reaching 15 Hides and Beyond