Did you know you could earn a Trick Dog Title with your dog? It's true and this course is designed to help you achieve your Novice Trick Dog Title through the AKC Trick Dog program! Let the fun BEGIN!
Tricks are essentially behaviors we have taught our dogs for a specific purpose. Most people view tricks as something fun they teach if they have time, but tricks can also be incredibly helpful and complicated. If a trick is a complex behavior chain, it will take a good amount of effort on your dog's part to figure it all out and put it together. That means mental stimulation which will result in a well-rested pup! Dogs also find tricks to be quite enjoyable and sometimes their favorite behavior to do. A handler can seize on this and use the opportunity for a dog to perform a trick as a reward for doing something else well, such as greeting a visitor politely! How useful is that? In this course we will be covering a variety of tricks, some of which include: push-ups, crawl, fetch it up, get your toy, spin/twirl and more!
Did you know you could earn a Trick Dog Title with your dog? It's true and this course is designed to help you achieve your Novice Trick Dog Title through the AKC Trick Dog program!
Let the fun BEGIN!
What You Need For This Course
- clicker (optional, but helpful)
- treats of varying levels of value and a way to hold them (bait bag or pockets)
- board approximately 6 ft long that is suitable to support the weight of their dog and a way to raise that board off of the ground safely (bricks, cinder blocks, sturdy boxes, milk crates, training platforms, etc.).
- tunnel: agility or child's play tunnel (dog must be able to duck low enough to go through it)
- training platform: platform, sturdy box, stool, ottoman
- box of sufficient size for dog to fit in
- hoop or jump
- opaque cup or small opaque container - cup/container should be unbreakable (plastic is safest)
- Why We Should Train Tricks
- Week 1 Tricks Trained: Touch It, Hand Signals and Spin
- Week 2 Tricks Trained: Push-Ups, Shake and High Five
- Week 3 Tricks Trained: Paws Up, Kennel Up and Crawl
- Week 4 Tricks Trained: Get On, Kiss and Speak
- Week 5 Tricks Trained: Get In, Sit In a Box and Find It
- Week 6 Tricks Trained: Balance Beam, Tunnel and Jump
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
Probably sound like a broken record, but its easy to follow, makes me (and therefore my dog) enthusiastic, go at my own pace.Introducing Birch Course
What did you enjoy about this course? Took me out of my comfort zone. Making me keep training logs. Teaching me to break down behaviors. That is huge because all I ever see is what I need to work on.Now What Do I Do?! Course
I liked the pace of the course, how the material was presented and most importantly all of the wonderful feedback. I think the at-home learning experience was far better, due to the enormous amount of feedback (and encouragement!) that we would not get as much of in a live class.Introduction to Scent Work Course
The explanation followed by the videos to show the skill or skills. That was helpful. The feedback on my videos was also helpful. The practices each week- gold!NW3 Trial Prep Course
This was the most amazing and insightful seminar I have ever attended on Odor movement and hide placement. WOW! Thank you so very muchHide Placement and Odor Movement Seminar
Get started today to achieve your dog training goals!