Exteriors and Vehicles with Primary CourseRegular price $230.00
You've graduated from the Introduction to Scent Work course and are looking for ways to take your Scent Work training to the next level? Wonderful, you are in the right place! The goal with this course is having your dog approach each of these highly distracting, and oftentimes difficult, areas with focus and enthusiasm! Let the fun begin!
Now that your dog understands the game of Scent Work and has been successful in finding hides in an interior space and containers, we will push the envelope to include exterior and vehicle searches. How fun! In line with our Foundation Scent Work courses, we will introduce these concepts to your dog using primary alone, following the K9 Nose Work® training methodology. The goal will be to incrementally introduce these concepts to your dog, to help them overcome these oftentimes distracting and difficult search areas, while building and maintaining their love for the game. Over this 6-week span, you will learn how to set your dog up to succeed and further their progress. Let's get our sniffing on!
Should I Take This Course?
Have you and your dog completed the Introduction to Scent Work course? Giving your dog the skills to successfully navigate and hunt in exterior and vehicle search areas is the next logical step in your training!
Are you already doing these searches, but noticing problems? Your foundation is everything! If you or your dog are struggling with exterior or vehicle searches (missed hides, potty issues, lack of enthusiasm, etc.), this course can help ensure your foundation is solid.
Do you just want to do something fun with your dog? Scent Work is an excellent excuse to go on short field trips with your dog, allowing them to hunt and explore all while having tons of fun!
What You Will Need for This Course
- your dog
- flat or martingale collar
- back-clip harness (optional)
- 6'-8' leash
- 10'-15' long line
- LOTS of high-value and smelly treats
- crate or area you can stage your dog in while setting up your searches
- minimum of 10 boxes of various sizes (good excuse to shop at Amazon!)
- plastic lid container from a yogurt or similar container
- earthquake putty or GlueDots
- 1-2 vehicles (e.g. car, SUV, truck, tractor, riding lawn mower, etc.)
The Exteriors and Vehicles with Primary course is designed to provide the same exact learning experience we provided to our in-person group dog training classes in a virtual format. Same great quality with more flexibility and convenience!
Here is a quick breakdown of the types of topics that will be covered each week:
- Introduction to Exterior Searches
- Using Boxes to Extend Your Exterior Searches
- Wind, Start Line and Distractors
- Introduction to Vehicle Searches
- Multiple Hides on A Vehicle
- Putting It All Together